Jessie Marie and I found these rainbow panels and thought “Hey, that would make a great backdrop!” Too bad one of the panels had some……unfortunate graffiti. I did my best to hide it with my cat purse. Can you guess what it says?
This is my official summer bag. Some people want a basic, round straw bag. I am not one of them. Give me all the cat-themed things.
Speaking of cats, do you like my top? Look closely, there’s more to it than meets the eye. At first glance, it looks like a floral motif. On further inspection, you’ll see kitties! This print is by one of my favorite artists on Redbubble, Burcu Korkmazyurek. Want one? Get it here.
From head to toe: Sunnies + Purse, Amazon; Top, Redbubble; Skirt, Forever 21; Shoes, DSW.
Photos by the scrumtrulescent Jessie Marie.
You take a sip of coffee, dry your hair, and slap some makeup on your face. Things are going well, until you open your closet and stare, blank faced, uninspired at your wardrobe. About 10 mins of this makes you 20 mins late to work.
Don’t let this happen again. Here are a few questions to ask yourself Sunday so you can get off on the right foot come Monday.
- Have you done your laundry? This phenomena often happens to me when I (literally) have nothing to wear. If my hamper is full and I’m down to my last pair of tights, its time to take a trip to the laundromat.
- How can I wear that ______ in a new way? Finding a style uniform is smart, but sometimes the same thing day after day can get a little stale. Mix things up by wearing a cool pair of sneakers with trousers or a soft t-shirt over (or under) a sundress.
- Are there things that need mending/reconstructing? Your favorite trench is missing a button; that silk blouse busted a seam; and your old favorite pair of jeans have seen better days. Time to get to work! Find that button, sew that hole up, or add some patches to make your jeans feel brand new.
- What’s the weather like? Come July, I know it’s time to bust out the sweaters and pile on the light layers. Summer in the city usually involves cold, wet, misty mornings and sunny afternoons. Seasons vary from climate to climate, so do your research.
- When was the last time I cleaned my closet? Has it been a week? A month? Years? It might be time. If you need help and you happen to be in the Bay Area, I’d love to lend you a hand. For more information about my Closet Cleanse service, click here.